We are excited to announce the first book we will be reading for the ACADAOS Book Club: “Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less” by Greg McKeown. All members are invited and encouraged to participate!
For those who participate in the first book reading, we will be holding intermittent group discussions on the ACADAOS Advisor Professional Development Carmen discussion board throughout August, September, and October culminating in an in-person discussion on October 30th from 8:30am-10am at the Kuhn Honors & Scholars House, room 102. While we are working on getting the first online discussion up and running, we would encourage you to start reading the book. Below are some additional details:
Access to the Book
Participants are responsible for obtaining a copy of the book in order to participate. However, we have some suggestions for ways you can access the book:
- The Ohio State Library and OhioLINK
- The Columbus Metropolitan Library (CML)
- For those of you on the Columbus Campus, it is an option to have your CML books sent to Thompson Library to pick-up.
- CML also offers Audiobook and eBook options.
- Purchase the book: Amazon, Half Price Books, and Barnes & Nobles have affordable deals on the book if you would prefer to purchase a copy.
Join the ACADAOS Book Club Goodreads Page
- What is Goodreads? Goodreads is a site where you can receive recommendations based on books you have read and topics you are interested in reading about, track books you have read and want to read, and participate in online conversations regarding books.
- How do I join? If you already have a goodreads account, please join the group. You will be prompted to indicate an “@osu.edu” or “@buckeyemail.osu.edu” email address, which will then send you a confirmation email to that account. Then you can click the link, and you should have access. For those of you who do not have a goodreads account, you can go here: https://www.goodreads.com/ to create one.
We will send out more information regarding joining the online discussions in the coming weeks, but we wanted to give everyone a head start on reading the book before classes started. Please let us know if you have any questions, and we look forward to some great discussions!
The ACADAOS Book Club Committee: